While it is possible to land at Bristol in the base Microsoft Flight Simulator, you will be presented with default scenery. The base simulator uses data to estimate the position and height of buildings. The data is then used to draw a generic building asset in place of where the real world counterpart is. Although this does provide you with something 3D at the airport it does not match the real world.
Pilot Plus’ Bristol International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is the result of a long project undertaken by the team. It is the most accurate and realistic Bristol available for Flight Simulation with a host of fantastic features.
To help you visualise the upgraded immersion and details, here is a comparison.
Pilot Plus Bristol features:
- An ultra-realistic rendition of Bristol Airport
- Precise terrain of 1 metre accuracy, inclusive of runway slope
- Full high-resolution PBR implementation, from buildings to airside clutter and ground
- Dynamic rain on terminal and tower glass
- Full exterior and interior of terminal and control tower
- Realistic and accurate night lighting throughout
- Latest high resolution ground imagery and airport layout